Monday, June 30, 2014

Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly & Summer Flowers




Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly & Summer Flowers (Purple Carnations, Chicory, Black-eyed Susan, Cosmos, & Queen Anne's Lace)

This was my wedding bouquet. I loved the dark purple carnations, which my husband bought for me. The rest of the flowers were picked from our garden. There was a Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly on it that my entomologist husband collected in Dauphin County, PA in 2004. He surprised me after I finished preparing the bouquet Zebra Swallowtail Butterflies (Protographium marcellus) are native to the eastern US and southeast Canada. I think it was very unique to have one of them on the summer flowers.

**If you would like a painting of your bouquet, please do not hesitate to contact me for a custom order. It will also make a wonderful gift for your loved ones, such as your wife, mother, daughter, and friend.

Available at https://www.etsy.com/listing/194710965/zebra-swallowtail-butterfly-summer?ref=shop_home_active_1
& https://www.etsy.com/shop/KuenArtShop

No comments:

Post a Comment